Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground almonds (about 3 ounces), toasted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in almonds. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 18-20 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and nutmeg. Gently roll cooled cookies in sugar mixture.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 128 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 13, 2017
I have made these for years. I lost my recipe, logged on & found it again. These are so much better than snowball cookies. Thank you for showing the recipe again. Love it.
Dec 23, 2014
Used to love this recipe. Going to try to lake it gluten free and dairy free... Wish me luck!
Dec 15, 2014
A favorite Christmas cookie. Love nutmeg!
Mar 13, 2014
made these cookies for the first time for my Christmas cookie plate they were the first ones gone everyone loved them. I make them alot.
Sep 12, 2012
took these to work and got a lot of compliments. Everyone liked them.
Jan 19, 2012
These were ok but not really worth the work in my opinion. The cookies took a lot longer than the 18-20 minutes to cook and I got less than 3 dozen even though the recipe states it makes 5 dozen.
Dec 10, 2011
So incredibly good, but very fragile cookies!
Dec 27, 2010
No comment left
Jul 22, 2010
This is a great holiday recipe that is simular to Wedding cookies. The nutmeg and almonds add new flavor to a great recipe.
Dec 15, 2009
I have been making this recipe for 10 years.I usually end up making it a couple of time during the Holiday season.They are quick and easy to make.I buy snowman shaped cookie plate and add these along with a couple of other of my favorite cookies to give away as tasty treats for friends and family.