No-Knead Whole Wheat Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in honey; add butter, salt and whole wheat flour. Beat on low speed until well-blended. Stir in all-purpose flour. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Stir 30 strokes with a spoon; pour batter into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until batter reaches edge of pan, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 103 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 7, 2017
I forgot to tell everyone how wonderfully easy and deliciously tasting this recipe is. I have made it over 10 times; I've even doubled the recipe several times. It's a keeper!PS... So is the One Dish No-Knead Bread recipe!!!
Apr 23, 2017
Easy to make and it makes a nice size loaf. Great texture and flavor too. Will definitely make this bread again!
May 14, 2009
I needed to use up ingredients so I threw in some flax seed and wheat bran and it was great!
May 7, 2009
BEAUTIFUL BREAD!!! I made this for a friend, I know she'll love it!! It's so simple, too!! Ty for the recipe!!
Mar 12, 2009
No comment left
Mar 5, 2009
This is great; I love the fact I don't have to knead the bread. My hands are not strong enough. Thank you for posting this; if you have more, post them too! The bread is very good.