No-Bake Chocolate Torte
Here's a delightful dessert that only looks like you fussed all day. With its attractive appearance and wonderful taste, no one will know that you saved time by spreading an easy-to-prepare frosting on a store-bought pound cake.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 frozen pound cake (10-3/4 ounces), thawed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- Slice pound cake lengthwise into three layers and set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and cocoa; beat until stiff peaks form. Stir in extract.
- Place one layer of cake on a serving platter; top with 1 cup of the frosting. Repeat layers. Frost top and sides with remaining frosting. Garnish with almonds if desired. Chill at least 15 minutes. Refrigerate any leftovers.