Ninja Foodi French Onion Soup
My daughter Heather and I enjoy spending time together cooking, but because our days are busy, we appreciate quick and tasty recipes like this Ninja Foodi French onion soup. Hot and delicious, this soup hits the spot for lunch or dinner. —Sandra Chambers, Carthage, Mississippi
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Saute: 30 min. Pressure-Cook: 12 min. Air-Fry: 2 min.
- 4 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brandy, optional
- 6 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick), buttered and toasted
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- Press saute function on a large multi-cooker; select vegetables setting. Press timer; set to 30 minutes. Start. Melt butter in inner pot. Add onions; cook and stir until tender and golden, 25-30 minutes. Press cancel.
- Stir in broth, garlic, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Lock pressure lid. Press pressure function; select vegetables setting. Set to long cook time (12 minutes). Start.
- Quick-release pressure. If desired, stir in brandy. Ladle soup into individual serving crocks. Place wire rack into inner pot. Arrange buttered toast on rack. Top with cheese. Cover with air frying lid. Press air fry function; select custom setting. Press timer; set to 2 minutes. Start. Cook until cheese is melted. Serve toasts over soup.