Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups nacho tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained, warmed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place chips in a lightly greased 9-in. pie plate and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over chips. Top with beans, tomato sauce and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° until heated through and cheese is melted, for 7-8 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 462 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 841mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 26g protein.
Jun 23, 2019
Tasty and uses pantry staples...that is a bonus! No leftovers when served for a group!
Oct 13, 2017
Really tasty for such few ingredients. I omitted the beef (vegetarian option!) and swapped the mozzarella for cheddar. Very good and a repeat request at our house.
May 14, 2016
My husband loved this recipe. I changed a few items: I added one envelope of taco seasoning to the ground beef and used cheddar cheese. I have cooked for many years and can read a recipe and know what I should change to make it to my taste.I will absolutely make this recipe again.
May 4, 2016
Really good and easy. Family wants it again. I stirred meat, beans and sauce all together and warmed them in skillet before baking. Used cheddar because that's what I had.
Apr 20, 2013
No comment left
Dec 2, 2012
Great for a quick meal. The hubby loved it. I added 2 Tablespoons of taco seasoning and 1 can of black beans (drained, rinsed) and I mixed everything together instead of layering. I also made them in indvidule casserole dishes. This is a keeper!!
Jun 30, 2010
Quick, easy, delicious. Husband asked to add to our reciepe box, great with a little chili powder.
Jan 19, 2010
I used cheddar cheese and this was very good. Puting chips around the edge as in the picture was a good idea to make it more snackable. Julie, San Diego