Nacho Cheese Dip
With jobs, school and sport activities, evening is our time for family fun. We munch on this zippy dip while visiting or watching a movie. —Dawn Taylor, Milton, Kentucky
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 pound bulk spicy pork or Mexican-style sausage
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 pound American cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Tortilla chips or raw vegetables
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe container, cook sausage, green pepper and onion on high for 1-2 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked; drain. Add the cheese and salsa. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 75 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
May 14, 2009
No comment left
Mar 2, 2009
I have been making a recipe like this for yoears but add a cup of milk or so to keep the cheese smooth when it starts to cool to keep it from turning into hard lumps.