Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + standing
- 3 bacon strips
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon; crumble and set aside. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, parsley and bacon.
- Cut a slit lengthwise three-quarters of the way through the tenderloin. Lightly place stuffing in the pocket; close with toothpicks. Combine butter and Parmesan cheese; spread over top and sides of meat. Press the remaining bread crumbs onto butter mixture.
- Place meat on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Cover and bake for 1 hour or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 10 minutes and remove toothpicks before slicing.
Jan 7, 2013
This recipe was excellent. I made one change & it still was very good. I used a turkey tenderloin in the place of the beef. Had to cook it to 165° which took about an hour, but it was tender and delicious. I will do this again, next time I may try the beef.
Feb 20, 2012
I did not have a beef tenderloin. I had a pork tenderloin and I did not change a thing otherwise. This dish is delicious. My husband is kind of picky and he really liked this. He said next time I was to make some extra stuffing on the side and he wanted also to add a pork gravy. I enjoyed the dish as it was. But will make some pork gravy on the side just for him. And some extra stuffing.
Aug 29, 2010
I have made this many times for family and friends and it always receives many compliments. It is perfect every time! We LOVE it!
Dec 26, 2009
I made this for Christmas dinner and it was a big hit!
Nov 17, 2007
No comment left
Jun 22, 2007
No comment left