Joan Nichols of Sarnia, Ontario suggest Mushroom-Orange Chop as a small main dish that's big on flavor. "The marmalade in the sauce gives the moist pork chop a tasty tang I really enjoy," she remarks.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 butterfly pork chop (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels, optional
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork chop in oil on both sides. Continue cooking until a thermometer reads 160°-170°, about 6 minutes. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onions, mushrooms and garlic until tender. Add marmalade and soy sauce; cook and stir until heated through. Pour over chop. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels if desired.
Feb 11, 2018
Delish! Quick weeknight dinner. Orange flavor really comes through. Sauce would be good on chicken.
Feb 28, 2012
So delicious and so quick!
Apr 22, 2011
No comment left