Mushroom Hunter’s Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups uncooked extra-wide egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter until tender. Add wine. Bring to a boil; cook until sauce is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and tomato paste until smooth. Add to mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Drain noodles; serve with mushroom sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 330 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 427mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Nov 5, 2019
Wow! This was really good and came together quickly! We enjoyed it over the noodles one night and over rice another - both very good. As others mentioned, I also added 1/2 tsp more cornstarch to make it thicker. Will make again!
Dec 16, 2010
This was very good! Easy as well. I added a cube of beef boullion, a dash of crushed black pepper, and a 1/2 teaspoon more of cornstarch to make it a little thicker. The flavor was amazing, and hubby couldn't get enough!