Instead of topping juicy cheeseburgers with sauteed mushrooms, include some savory 'shrooms in the meat mixture for a new twist! Folks will be pleasantly surprised with these deluxe sandwiches...bite after bite.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped canned mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, onion, oregano, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top each burger with a slice of cheese. Serve on buns with lettuce if desired.