Mushroom and Olive Bruschetta
I tried this delicious bruschetta toast at a party and knew I had to make it myself. Since I couldn't find the person who brought the dish, I began trying to duplicate it on my own. The original was made on an English muffin, but party rye or baguette slices work as well. —Lynne German, Woodland Hills, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup canned mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 French bread baguettes (10-1/2 ounces each), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Julienned green onions, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Cut each baguette into 24 slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Top with cheese mixture. Bake until cheese is melted, 4-5 minutes. If desired, top with julienned green onions. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked topped baguette slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to a freezer container; return to freezer. To use, bake baguette slices on ungreased baking sheets in a preheated 400° oven until heated through, 8-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 66 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.