Monterey Jack Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 2o min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 block (4 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 20 cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into 20 portions and shape each portion around a cheese cube.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain. Add spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheese.
May 22, 2019
We thought this recipe was great! I used shredded Colby Jack cheese instead of cubed Monterey Jack, doubled the amount of spaghetti sauce, and served the meatballs over tomato-basil noodles...yum!
Jun 9, 2014
Recipe saved to RB! For a **person with Type I Diabetes**, these seem to be friendly with 15grams carbs. per serving. THANK YOU for sharing. J.
Sep 30, 2013
Okay. Nothing special.
May 6, 2011
No comment left
Apr 5, 2009
My husband and I really liked these meatballs. I didn't have a block of monterey jack cheese so I substituted cheddar.