Mom’s Vegetable Medley
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- In a large skillet, saute the celery, green pepper and onion in butter for 6-8 minutes. Add zucchini; cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Add tomato and soup mix; cook and stir until tomato is tender.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 42 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Nov 13, 2017
Very good - simple and tasty. We love fresh vegetables, and I'm always glad to get a new recipe. This combination is great but can certainly be modified to use whatever is on hand or preferred; I added mushrooms. I haven't seen many recipes of this type that include celery; our daughter commented that the celery added a nice flavor.
Jul 21, 2017
I really liked this! A different assortment of summervegetables than I normally combine, but they worked so well together. Easy to make, and will definitely continue making. The only thing I did differently is use a shallot instead of the onion, just because I had one to use. The onion soup mix was a subtle, good seasoning.
Jul 17, 2008
No comment left