Moist Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Warm a slice of this cake in the microwave for about 25 seconds. Then serve it with a scoop of butter-pecan ice cream, fresh fruit, or alone.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 10-in. tube pan. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and cream cheese until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a small bowl, whisk flour and baking powder. Gradually beat into creamed mixture. Transfer to prepare pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 80-90 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.