Modern Caesar Salad
Robust flavor distinguishes this recipe recommended by Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas. "I've had several versions of Caesar salad but like this one best," she says.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour
- 3 slices bread
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 8 cups torn romaine and leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Cut bread into 1-in. cubes and place on a baking sheet. Toast at 225° for 1-2 hours or until crisp, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, combine the oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Refrigerate for several hours.
- In a large salad bowl, toss lettuce, cheeses and croutons. Shake the dressing; pour over the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 194 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.