Mocha Cookie Pretzels
Total TimePrep: 1-1/2 hours + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons hot brewed coffee
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- Green colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Divide dough into fourths; divide each portion into 12 pieces. Shape each piece into a 6 in. rope; twist into a pretzel shape. Place 1 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt the semisweet chips, shortening and corn syrup; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar and enough coffee to achieve a glaze consistency. Dip cookies in glaze; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper until set.
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate over 30% power; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Decorate with green sprinkles if desired; let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 81 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 20, 2013
hard to dip the chocolate and twist the pretzel. taste wasn't that great. would give them a C+. will not make again
Nov 25, 2012
No comment left
Nov 27, 2010
Loved this tasty treat!
Dec 19, 2009
Had to leave the corn syrup out of the icing/glaze, it would become one big ball when mixed in.