Mocha Chunk Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts, optional
- In a small bowl, combine coffee and water; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with reserved coffee mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chunks and nuts if desired. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 117 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 13, 2020
I tried these and I am really disappointed. They look nothing like the picture. Mine smell wonderful....they have a very strong coffee scent. They flattened out considerably even after being chilled for 24 hours. They are very dark almost like chocolate and very chewy. Any ideas on what I might have done wrong? I am an experienced baker, but this one just did not work for me. I would love to try it again.