Mix ‘n’ Match Squash Casserole
"Mix any kinds of summer squash you have on hand for this flavorful casserole," suggests June Mullins of Livonia, Missouri. "Served with a salad and hot rolls or homemade bread, it makes a meal my family enjoys."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups cubed summer squash (yellow, zucchini, pattypan and/or sunburst)
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place squash and a small amount of water in a large saucepan; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add all remaining ingredients; mix well. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes.