Minty Watermelon Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 6 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced pickled onions
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 45 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Sep 5, 2019
I was originally going to only give this recipe 3 stars because we didn't care for the fennel and pickled onions, but everyone loved the feta with the watermelon, so the second time I combined our taste choices between this recipe and that of Minty Watermelon-Cucumber salad and replaced the fennel and pickled onions with english cucumber and sliced green onion and still put in the feta cheese. It was a huge hit! Now it's the favorite of family and friends.
May 20, 2018
had similar as a grocery store sample, awesome but my watermelon was too juicy