Mint Dressing For Fruit
This mild minty dressing nicely complements fresh fruits such as melon, strawberries, blueberries and peaches. Field editor Diane Thompson shared the refreshing recipe from her home in Nutrioso, Arizona.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makesabout 1 cup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mint, cilantro, oil, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice and cumin. Serve with fruit.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 107 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat.
Mar 1, 2018
I made this for a family dinner and unfortunately it did not go over very well. The taste is hard to describe kind of tart/sour. The good thing was that I served it on the side so at least everyone was able to eat the fruit plain.