Mint-Cucumber Tomato Sandwiches
I jazzed up the quintessential tea-time cucumber sandwich to suit my family's tastes. This was my absolute go-to sandwich last summer when I was pregnant and it hit all the right spots! —Namrata Telugu, Terre Haute, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Spread butter over 4 slices of bread. Layer with cucumber and tomatoes; sprinkle with salt, pepper and mint. Top with remaining bread. If desired, cut each sandwich into quarters.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 286 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 631mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Jul 4, 2020
Only thing I changed was cream cheese instead of butter. Yummy!
May 31, 2020
Will try out! <a href="https://www.neptarecipes.com/2020/05/tomato-cucumber-sandwich-sandwich-for.html">Easy TOMATO CUCUMBER Sandwich</a>
Nov 1, 2016
Only if I could taste it!