Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped mixed candied fruit (about 4 ounces)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Halved candied cherries
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine egg yolks and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Fill greased and floured muffin cups two-thirds full. Cover muffin tin tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake at 275° for 1 hour. Uncover; top with cherries. Bake 5 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of each cup; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 251 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 21, 2013
These are delicious. I've made them several times. They are a little tricky removing from tins though.
Dec 15, 2011
I guess it was my own mistake though....I forgot to cover the pan with the tinfoil and they came out crispy all around....not sure what to do with them now without wasting all the good ingredients.
Jan 31, 2010
Super good flavor and texture. I drizzled with orange juice - nice and moist.
Jan 19, 2010
Is something missing from recipe? made these and they were awful. no cake at all.wasted money and time.cherries on top justfell off.
Dec 8, 2009
I have not made these yet because I cannot come to term with the number of calories in each. Is it possible to lighten them up - 251 calories -wow!
Dec 8, 2009
No comment left