Mini White Breads
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (4 slices each)
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Additional melted butter
- Combine yeast, sugar and water in a large bowl. Add 11/2 cups of flour, salt, milk and butter. Mix for 3 minutes on medium speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down; shape into loaves. Place in two greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Brush tops with melted butter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 69 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Jul 5, 2020
I missed the butter step because I got distracted but after noticing it, I kneaded it in when it softened and it turned out great! The first time I made bread it turned out horrible?? this one was easy to follow and I had a good time making it. I made the bread into little turtles and muscly bears, they tasted delicious as well!
Apr 3, 2020
This Rescipe is perfect and dilisiouse love it! I made 2 mini loaves today and day befor yesterday made the first 2 loaves Both turned out perfect so far everyone’s bread resipes I’ve tried I’ve failed but not this one fallow the directions on here and it will be perfect I recommend this Rescipe to anyone who loves making and eatting homemade bread deffitly a beginners first timer Rescipe!
Apr 6, 2018
This is a great bread recipe for one personIt’s light fluffy and tasted greatI would recommend this to anyone
Jul 22, 2017
Wow, what a great, easy recipe. Excellent results using my Kitchen Aid mixer. Baked up perfect. Nice crust with no fuss!
Jan 16, 2017
Neither my mother nor I liked this at all. I followed the recipe completely and it was too dry and looked nothing like the picture. What a waste of ingredients..
Nov 20, 2016
No comment left
Jan 30, 2012
I love this recipe it is so easy and delicious!!! i tried baking it and it turned out great!!!!!!
Nov 6, 2011
No comment left
Jul 10, 2010
This recipe is great to make for single people. I give the second loaf to my elderly mother who absolutely loves it.
Jan 8, 2008
We're not big bread eaters in our house, so these small loaves are perfect for us on the rare occasions we do have bread with our meal. Like the small loaves served at restaurants, one loaf is just enough for one meal and we don't have a big loaf of bread left over. The recipe is easy to make and the bread freezes well if you don't use both loaves right away.