Mini Orange Gelatin Molds
These pretty layered molds use half a package of gelatin. Use the other half to make plain gelatin (with half the water) or save to use up in another downsized dessert. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon orange gelatin
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup whipped topping, divided
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Set aside 3 tablespoons gelatin mixture at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate remaining gelatin mixture for 30 minutes or until partially set.
- Set aside six mandarin oranges for garnish and pat dry. Fold the remaining oranges into partially set gelatin. Divide between two individual fluted tube pans coated with cooking spray; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/4 cup whipped topping and reserved gelatin until smooth. Carefully spread over gelatin molds. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Invert molds onto a plate; garnish with remaining whipped topping and reserved oranges.