Mini Maple Cinnamon Rolls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bread flour
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- MAPLE ICING:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 to 2 teaspoons whole milk
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or bread flour if needed).
- When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into two 12x7-in. rectangles. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle half over each rectangle. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting from a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Cut each roll into 12 slices. Place cut side down in one greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 375° until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, syrup and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Spread over warm rolls.
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cinnamon roll: 176 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 11, 2020
These are so good! I used pancake syrup instead of maple syrup which is what I had. My husband was very impressed with this recipe. I am sure that I will be making them again. The recipe has been added to my recipe book.
Sep 19, 2019
SUGAR FREE MINI MAPLE CINNAMON ROLLS I made this recipe but modified it to a sugar free version (diabetic), 1% milk, unsalted butter
May 23, 2015
These are so good! Simple to make and so tasty right out of the oven.
Jan 12, 2014
I made these rolls without a bread machine. I just placed the first 7 ingredients in my stand mixer with the dough hook and let the KitchenAid do the rest. I also cut the recipe in half and placed it in an 8 by 8 dish. They turned out really great. Check out how on my blog. http://www.apinchofluv.com/wordpress/2014/01/12/cinnamon-rolls-with-maple-glaze/
Nov 17, 2013
Absolutely my favorite cinnamon roll recipe - easy to make and SO tasty! I wouldn't use frozen bread dough, because part of the great taste is having maple syrup as the sugar in the dough. I use a 9x13 pan for the 24 rolls.All the bread machine does is mixes the dough, kneads it, and takes it through the first rising. So - mix the dough (follow any bread recipe, remembering that the syrup is the sugar), knead it about 8-10 minutes, then set it in a bowl in a warm place with a towel over the top to rise. Total time in my machine is 1 hour, 30 minutes, so probably an hour to rise (you want it to double). You should get the same results, as long as it gets a thorough kneading.
Oct 19, 2013
Next time I make these, I will reduce my oven temp to 350 since they were a little to crunchy for my taste.
Oct 19, 2013
I just made these this morning. They were delicious! Using my bread machine dough cycle (1 hour 55 minutes) and the extra time required for the second rising, realistically these took more like 4 hours from start to finish. I added chopped pecans to half of the rolls.
Sep 25, 2013
Sep 25, 2013
I have not made this recipe yet but would love to asap. What could you use if you DO NOT have a bread machine? Is there a dough you can purchase or a recipe to make without a bread machine? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP SOON!!! I am dying to taste these!
Sep 24, 2013
Made these Mini Maple Cinnamon Rolls this morning. Easey, Quick and delicious. My husband loved them. thank you for the recipe.