Mini Cheesecake Cups
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Mandarin oranges, pineapple tidbits, halved maraschino cherries and/or chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar, vanilla and salt and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon into paper-lined miniature muffin cups, 2 tablespoons in each. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and confectioners' sugar until smooth; spread over cheesecakes. Decorate with fruit and/or nuts. Chill for at least 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator.
Oct 19, 2013
These are really great little cheesecakes! I have used this recipe for years. Just use common sense when filling the cups and don't get hung up on an exact amount. I top them with diced apples and caramel, toffee bits, diced fruit, mini chocolate chips ... the possibilities are endless!
Dec 7, 2011
No comment left
Jun 19, 2011
No comment left
Dec 26, 2010
I agree that 2 tablespoons of filling is too much filling for mini muffin tins, but these mini cheesecakes are easy to make, very pretty, and delicious! They were a big hit at my family’s Christmas party. I used one tablespoon of filling per cupcake, and used double the amount of sour cream topping to top all of the mini cheesecakes. I decorated mine with halved maraschino cherries, and they were beautiful. Thank you for a great recipe.
Nov 29, 2010
2 Tbls. is way to much for miniture pans. I have made these twice now, and still the same. Way to much filling.