Mini Cheese Balls
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makes36 cheese balls
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: toasted sesame seeds, minced fresh rosemary and paprika
- Optional garnishes: halved rye crisps and rolled tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine cheeses. Shape into 36 balls; roll balls in desired toppings. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. To serve, if desired, press a rye crisp or rolled corn chip into the top of each cheese ball.
Nutrition Facts1 ball: 47 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 26, 2020
These are lots of fun for a snack! I put out a few different toppings and garnishes and let my kids pick which ones they wanted.
Feb 28, 2020
These were really good. I rolled some in finely chopped bacon and some in finely chopped pecans. I put a stick pretzel in each one for easy handling. They were cute and delicious.