Of the 35 kinds of candy I make each Christmas, this is by far the favorite of family and friends. These treats taste like a million bucks!—Theda Andres, Appleton, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 30 min. + standing
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- Grease four baking sheets with 2 tablespoons butter; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the milk, sugars, corn syrup, salt and remaining butter. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Let stand until set.
- Drizzle melted candy coating over clusters; chill for 10 minutes or until set. Store in airtight containers.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.