Microwave Tuna Casserole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 5 cups cooked egg noodles
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. In a large bowl, combine noodles, tuna, celery and onions. Stir in the sour cream mixture. Spoon half into a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; top with half of the zucchini. Repeat layers.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and tomato. Microwave, uncovered, 1 minute longer. Let stand for 3 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 407 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 554mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Sep 25, 2018
This turned out quite well and very tasty. I was unsure how we would like the dill flavour but it was good, not too powerful. I omitted the salt, used plain yogurt instead of sour cream and I did use light mayonnaise and it worked fine for me. Will make again for sure!!!
Jul 19, 2013
wonderful recipe. I have used greek yogurt in place of mayo and fresh dill and basil for spices. Kids love it and it is one of our fav recipes
Apr 4, 2011
I have been making this recipe since I first found it a few years ago. It's easy to make and very tasty! Love the addition of the zuchini in the dish. I it most of the time as written. I have sometimes added more cheese, but that's a personal preferance of my family. THANKS for sharing the recipe...it is excellent!
Jun 5, 2007
No comment left