Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 10 min. + standing
- 2 large egg whites
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place egg whites in the bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe 2-qt. bowl, combine the sugar, water, corn syrup and salt. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes; stir until sugar is dissolved. Cook 6-8 minutes longer or until a candy thermometer reads 260°(hard-ball stage), stirring every 2 minutes. Just before the temperature is reached, beat egg whites on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- With mixer running on high speed, carefully pour hot syrup in a slow, steady stream into the bowl. Beat just until candy loses its gloss and holds its shape, 15-20 minutes. Immediately stir in pecans and vanilla. (Do not overmix, or candy will get stiff and crumbly.)
- Working quickly, drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand at room temperature overnight or until dry to the touch. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 83 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Dec 22, 2018
Worse divinity I have ever tasted. Hard as a rock and no flavor. DO NOT RECOMMEND!
Dec 24, 2017
Followed directions to a tee but it took forever for the syrup to reach hard ball stage. I had to use a hand mixer and the candy never lost its gloss. I added meringue powder and powered sugar to get it to set up. I have to say though, it tastes good.
Dec 13, 2017
Finally found a easy and great recipe for divinty.
Dec 15, 2015
Excellent divinity. You're microwave's power is different though and you have to experiment with the time
Dec 14, 2015
Visit I ruined all the ingredients as my mixer only took less than 4 minutes to overmix. No way was it 15-20 minutes.
Dec 10, 2015
Best divinity recipe ever! You must follow directions exactly as stated. I have always struggled with making divinity and had many fails. Not this time! Will definitely make again!!
Dec 12, 2014
Dec 31, 2013
This was my first time making divinity..the recipe was easy to follow but I was a little slow on the last step..adding the pecans and the vanilla. Even after that mistake it still came out wonderful!!
Dec 10, 2012
Love divinity!! Especially when I don't have to use a thermometer or any ball stages.