Mexican Sunset Bread
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
Makes1 loaf (about 2 pounds)
- 2/3 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/3 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 110 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 27, 2014
Very good taste, but my loaf was very dense, it was definitely not the size of a regular 2-pound loaf, it barely filled half the breadmaker pan. Good thing I tested this recipe before a chili cook-off this weekend. Too bad because we really enjoyed the spice combo.
Jan 12, 2013
Just EXCELLENT, however I modified a slight bit. Mainly in preparation method...I proof my yeast/water/sugar (very warm water because of the cooling effect of the sour cream when later added) then use dough setting on bread machine,at end of cycle, punch down, shape, put in 5X9 loaf pan. Let rise again til double and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 or 30 minutes or til instant read thermometer inserted into center of loaf reads 185 degrees. THIS WILL NOT CAUSE LOAF TO COLLAPSE. When done, remove from oven and immediately brush with melted butter and then a light sprinkling of jalapeno salt !
Dec 13, 2012
No comment left
Jan 23, 2009
No comment left