Mexican-Style Chicken Kiev
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) whole green chilies, drained
- 1 block (4 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Taco sauce, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove seeds from the chilies and cut into eight pieces. Cut cheese into eight 2-1/2-in. x 1/2-in. sticks. Place one cheese stick and one piece of chili in the center of each chicken breast. Fold short sides over and roll up along long sides to enclose filling (secure with toothpick if necessary).
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, chili powder, garlic salt, cumin and pepper. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumb mixture. Place, seam side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove toothpicks. Serve with taco sauce if desired.
May 6, 2013
Delicious!! This is a good dish to make for company because you an prepare all the little chicken bundles in advance then just pop them in the oven for 30 minutes and their done!! A crowd favorite.
Apr 8, 2012
Simple easy recipe with great flavor. A nice tomato sauce is a great accompaniment.