Mexican Pork and Pasta
On a cold Midwestern evening, this hot and spicy dish really warms us up. It's fun, festive change from spaghetti. Plus everyone loves the leftovers—if there are any!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add onion and green pepper; cook until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, pasta, brown sugar, chili powder and salt; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Jun 13, 2015
I knew we would love this! We have been making a similar recipe for 20 years. We skip the salt- the pork seems to add enough kick. Sometimes we add a cup of frozen corn. Great recipe, a classic skillet meal!