Mexican Cornbread Quiche
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 13 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 cup salsa
- In a large bowl, combine the muffin mix, butter, water and 1 egg; stir just until moistened. Spread in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat remaining eggs. Add the sausage, milk, corn, chilies and onion; pour over batter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Top with salsa and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 16, 2011
This tasted ok. I had all the ingredients except chilies. I'll be having this for breakfast for many days. It's bland but the good thing though is that it sustains me for a very long time...