Tortillas and a spicy meat sauce plus the corn make this lasagna out of the ordinary! I like to serve it with a salad and corn bread.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 10 flour tortillas (7 inch)
- 2 cups Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown ground beef. Drain Add corn, tomato sauce, picante sauce, chili powder and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place half of the tortillas in the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Spoon meat mixture over tortillas. Combine cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan, oregano and garlic salt; spread over meat mixture. Top with remaining tortillas. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; return to the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 330 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 793mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.