BRIMMING with fancy flavors, these Chrstmasy treats will keep tasty pace with a stocking birthday party—or any other December get-together! Crafting Traditions' cooks got their idea off the ground by arranging tender meringue into a delectable set of sock-shaped shells. Finally—for a taste-tickling finish—our kitchen staff spread the confections with both tangy cranberry and sweet cream cheese fillings. Simply follow the step-by-step directions for the desserts here. In no time, you'll be sweeping folks of their feet!
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- CRANBERRY FILLING:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 32 to 48 small mint leaves
- Dried cranberries, halved
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add cream of tartar and vanilla; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, a tablespoon at a time, on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Spoon meringue into 16 mounds on the paper. Using icing spatula, shape each into a 4-1/2-in. stocking. Bake at 300° for 35 minutes. Turn oven off and do not open door; let meringues dry in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet. When meringues are completely cooled, remove from parchment paper and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- For cranberry filling, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cranberry juice in a saucepan until smooth. Stir in the cranberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cook until berries pop, about 5 minutes. Mash and cool.
- For cream cheese filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into a pastry bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of bag; insert star tip. Pipe cream cheese mixture in a 1-in. band at the top of each stocking; pipe mixture to form heel and toe of stocking.
- Spread 4-1/2 teaspoons cranberry filling in the center of each stocking. For the holly decoration on the stocking cuff, garnish with mint leaves and dried cranberries.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.