Mediterranean Steak & Egg Pitas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2/3 cup crumbled garlic and herb feta cheese
- Sprinkle beef with the Greek seasoning, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute beef in oil for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, fry eggs as desired. Spoon steak over pita breads; top with tomatoes, olives, cheese and eggs.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 483 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 270mg cholesterol, 1053mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 25, 2011
Absolutely I'll make this again! It was super easy and SUPER yummy! Great mixture of texture's and flavors! I've never heard so many mmmmmm's throughout a meal!
Apr 20, 2010
The balance of flavors is great and it comes together in a flash! Both my husband and I gave this one an enthusiastic thumbs-up!