Meaty Spanish Rice
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Black pepper to taste
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the ground turkey, onion and green pepper; cook until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Add all of the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 30 minutes.
Dec 16, 2019
I love this recipe, instead of the water and tomato sauce. I used my own 1 litre jar of homemade tomato sauce. Added a little water to thin. The spice is just perfect in this.
Jun 25, 2017
This spanish rice is a hearty meal!!
Apr 23, 2017
This was good, but I made some changes when I made it. We do not like hot spicey food. I eliminated the chili powder, the hot sauce, the cayenne pepper. I substituted olive oil for butter. I used the turkey. We don't eat beef. It is chicken, turkey and fish and plenty of veggies. Thanks.
Mar 27, 2016
I'm not a big fan of ground turkey, but I sometimes find it for super cheap on clearance. I always make this when I have turkey.
May 17, 2011
No comment left
Nov 2, 2010
No comment left
Jun 6, 2010
I use very lean ground beef because my husband doesn't like ground turkey.