Meaty Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons diced pimientos
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped tomato
- Set aside cheese sauce mix from macaroni and cheese; cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the salsa, corn, olives and pimientos; cook until heated through.
- Drain macaroni; add to beef mixture with contents of cheese sauce mix. Cook and stir until blended and heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and tomato.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 291 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 716mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Feb 3, 2017
Originally didn't think I'd like this recipe, but it turned out to be a quick and different hit for dinner! Note: left out the olives.
Aug 2, 2016
Very quick and easy, Taste was great. Didn't use olives but put in a can of green chilies for a little more kick. Will definitely make again.
Aug 25, 2013
Quick, delicious dinner.
Jun 19, 2013
This was quick, easy and very good. We added more corn, olives and salsa. Yum!
Apr 29, 2013
Absolutely delicious, we added some Jalapenos instead of Mushrooms and left out the olives, it was easy to make and lived up to ALL the hype.
Mar 20, 2013
very good quick and easy.
Mar 4, 2012
Whoa this is so good! We didn't bother topping it with cheese & tomato...it doesn't need it! We also omitted the olives.~ Theresa
Jan 18, 2011
No comment left
Dec 2, 2010
We have made this many times and just love. It is so simple to make that we often make it when we are camping.
Apr 16, 2009
No comment left