Meatball Vegetable Soup
My daughter shared this favorite recipe with me. The meatballs make it different from usual vegetable soup recipes.—Phyllis Miller, Hunta, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
Makes6 servings (6 cups)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup small bread cubes
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cooked small shell macaroni
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large bowl, mix beef, egg, bread cubes, 1/4 cup onion and salt. Shape into 36 meatballs. Heat oil in a kettle or Dutch oven; brown meatballs with remaining onion. Add broth, soup, macaroni, peas and thyme; heat through, stirring often.