This is our choice for a side dish that's lower in carbs than mashed potatoes but just as flavorful and satisfying. I suggest garnishing it with chopped green onions. —Tina Martini, Sparks, Nevada
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. water to a boil. Add cauliflower; cook, covered, until very tender, 8-12 minutes. Drain.
- Mash cauliflower, adding cheese, butter, seasonings and enough milk to reach desired consistency.