Marshmallow Raspberry Pie
Talk about scrumptious summer desserts - this one is colorful, cool and sweet. Fresh raspberries are my favorite fruit, and pie's my favorite dessert...so this is the perfect combination for me! I think you'll enjoy it, too. —Deanna Richter, Elmore, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 squares)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Few drops red food coloring, optional
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- Combine crust ingredients. Press into a 9-in. pie plate; chill.
- Meanwhile, heat marshmallows and milk in a saucepan over low until smooth. Cool. Fold in cream and food coloring if desired. Spoon half into the crust. Top with half the raspberries. Repeat layers. Chill until firm, about 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 310 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 30, 2013
My whole family LOVED this pie. I did add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 3/4 teaspoon almond flavouring to the marshmallow mixture. This recipe is now in my favourites file.