Marinated Pork Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 30 min.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 8 small white onions, halved
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and coriander; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Alternate the pork, onions, tomatoes and peppers on eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 190 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Aug 6, 2014
Great and juicy recipe. I tried the button mushrooms too. I also added light apple pie Greek yogurt. Wow!
Nov 18, 2013
Wow was the pork tender and juicy. I don't know if I liked this or not. I didn't half the recipe cause it needs to feed me for a few days, but I used greek instead of regular yogurt. I also roasted everything in the oven due to my laziness, and a rough day at work, and a lack of desire to string up kebabs. I think in the future if I make this again I'll add the button mushrooms as below.
Feb 10, 2009
No comment left
Jul 28, 2008
This is an EXCELLENT recipe. The pork was tender, juicy and flavorful. I cut the recipe in 1/2 for just the two of us, and added button mushrooms to the skewers. This one's a keeper my husband said.