This flavorful fruit was actually the topping in a cake recipe. But I didn't want all the calories or fat from the cake—and the oranges are a good dessert all by themselves! The dash of vanilla extract brings out the fruit's sweetness. —Carol Poindexter, Norridge, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium oranges, peeled and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- Optional: Lime zest strips and vanilla yogurt
- Mix the first 6 ingredients, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Place oranges in a glass bowl; add juice mixture.
- Refrigerate, covered, until flavors are blended, 2-3 hours. If desired, top with lime zest strips and serve with yogurt.