Marinated Mozzarella & Tomato Appetizers
Total TimePrep: 15 min + marinating Bake: 5 min.
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) miniature fresh mozzarella cheese balls, drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 12 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick), cut into quarters
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450°. Combine salad dressing, basil, chives and pepper. Add cheese and tomatoes; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours to let flavors blend.
- Meanwhile, toss baguette pieces with oil and salt; arrange on a baking sheet. Bake until toasted, 4-5 minutes. Cool completely. Just before serving, add toasted bread to cheese mixture; toss to combine. If desired, thread tomatoes, cheese and bread on skewers for serving.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 119 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 13, 2020
This was incredibly easy and full of flavor! I grilled my baguette because I didn’t want to heat up the house and I feel like it added to the dish! I skewered some and left the others in the bowl it was a beautiful spread.
Aug 31, 2017
good one killer recipe
Aug 6, 2017
Great for apps, lunch, midnight snack! If I don't want to heat the house up, I use store bought "texas toast" croutons.
May 30, 2017
All star Winner ! This recipe couldn't be any easier. And what a Great presentation. I served this as a Salad. I cut the tomatoes in 1/2 and marinated them ( without the cheese) for most of the day counter top covered. Then added the cheese later in the day again left it counter top. Shortly before serving I added the bread croutons. This salad is very refreshing and non filling. Reasonably priced to make. The make ahead step makes this one a great choice .Happy to be the first one to Review this nice clean, tasting recipe.JanieTaste of Home Volunteer Field Editor