Marbled Almond Roca
My easy recipe is an old favorite that we keep in steady use from mid-November until the New Year. Homemade gifts are still a Christmas tradition at our house.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + cooling Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- Sprinkle almonds on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 15 minutes or until toasted and golden brown; remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, cook butter and sugar for 5 minutes. Add water and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage). Quickly pour over almonds. Sprinkle chips on top; let stand for 1-2 minutes or until melted. Spread and swirl chocolate over candy. Cool completely; break into pieces.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts2 ounce-weight: 306 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 5, 2011
This dish is devine!!! My cousins girlfriend made it for Christmas, I got the recipe from her and had to try and make it at home.
Dec 26, 2009
No comment left
Feb 1, 2007
No comment left