Maple Pecan Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Roll out dough to fit a 9-inch pie plate. Transfer crust to pie plate. Trim to 1 inch beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until smooth. Add maple syrup, butter, vanilla, salt and pecans. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 30-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. If desired, top with whipped cream to serve. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 561 calories, 35g fat (12g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Mar 2, 2020
We made this pecan pie yesterday. It was wonderful. My wife has a great crust recipe. She made the crust while I prepared the filling. I crushed the pecan halves a little for easier cutting of the pie and eating. Full pecan haves look nicer. Again, the recipe was wonderful creating a delicious pecan pie.
Nov 25, 2019
No comment left
Nov 23, 2017
Turns out great. I do add some extra vanilla and pecans. My only advice is make more than one because it disappears quickly.
Jun 18, 2017
I will not make this pie again! One review was right! It tasted eggy and the filling didn't hold together. Do not waste your time and money with this recipe! Next time I'll try Martha Stewart's maple pecan pie recipe! I hope it's better!
Feb 1, 2017
Tasted egg-y. It's not BAD but I wouldn't make again.
Dec 8, 2016
Just pulled out of oven after 55minutes of cooking, still a little runny. I don't bake much but would that be so and get more firm when cooling?
Nov 27, 2016
Just perfect! We were very happy with this pie. 5 Stars!I covered the pie crust edges in foil the whole time so they didn't over cook and the top in the last 5 minutes so the pecans didn't over brown.It cracked just a bit at the 45 minute mark. Next time I will turn the heat off at 35 or 40 mins and let it cool in the oven to try for it not to crack. Just an appearance issue, didn't affect the taste.
Dec 17, 2012
This one's a keeper! I added 1/2 cup of pecans and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract like some of the other reviewers suggested. I like the change up from normal pecan pie.
Oct 25, 2012
I make this every year for Thanksgiving. I love the flavor!
Nov 29, 2010
Added 1/2 Cup extra pecans. I'll try omitting the sugar next time because it's quite sweet.