Maple Pecan Bars
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cold butter
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, syrup, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted. Stir in the pecans, cream and vanilla. Remove from the heat; spread over crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 180 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Oct 13, 2014
Duforever, my guess is in step 2 you boiled the mixture too long. Basically just need to melt the butter and sugar. Then by the time it's baked it should still be soft enough to cut after cooling. I give one star only because I have to to review, until I make it myself.
Dec 22, 2013
I made these bars and they turned out hard as a rock. I couldn't even cut tem. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong. I'd like to try them again. [email protected]
Nov 19, 2013
These bars are the bomb. Everyone should try these, or just come buy a batch from me. BDW
Jul 8, 2013
No comment left
Oct 19, 2012
I rated this as excellent although mine didn't turn out as it should have. I didn't use all of the crust mixture thinking that it would be too thick. I should have stuck to the recipe. My crust was too thin but tasted great. Definitely stick to this recipe and you will love this recipe.
Oct 22, 2011
Raves from friends when I held a Partylight gathering. Requests for this recipe came from the left and the right. Sales were not as impressive.