Maple Nut Date Cookies
I can't resist these soft cookies topped with a maple-flavored frosting. Dates, pecans and coconut add some unexpected wholesomeness.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 8 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in syrup (mixture will appear curdled). Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in dates, pecans and coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the cream, syrup, vanilla and maple flavoring until smooth. Frost cooled cookies.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.