Maple-Granola Trail Mix
From Landrum, South Carolina, Malone Davidson writes, "This crunchy mix is wonderful any time of day. It's great sprinkled over yogurt at breakfast or packed into a lunch box."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
Makesabout 6 cups
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup each dried cranberries, chopped dried apples and chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, oil, syrup, almonds, vanilla and cinnamon. Spread in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes. Stir; bake 20 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Add the dried fruit and chips; toss to combine. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 314 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 9, 2013
This is really Nice!!
Oct 9, 2010
My friends and family love this recipe!!! They can't get enough of this tasty granola. I leave out the sugary chips and add sunflower seeds and walnuts for a healthy alternative.